Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No bake energy bars

Here you go, just like I threatened. I made these last week and they we delish. It's an alternative to buying energy bars that might be packed with extra sugar and preservatives. I actually thought they were a little too sweet. Next time I might cut the chips in half and add dried cranberries.
However, Rob doesn't want to see the chips go :)




No-Bake Energy Bites Recipe

Ingredients:

1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
1 cup toasted coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
Method:

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.  Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.  Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like.  (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.)  Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Makes about 20-25 balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment