Thursday, July 5, 2012

Quack Quack

Living in Seattle you can not escape the constant chatter of the Ducks.  And finally after 13 years, I braved the buzz worthy ship.  

I have to admit, I was skeptical if this tour could actually teach me anything I didn't already know about my beloved city, but it did.

I was not aware....
that 1% of eligible city capital improvement project funds be set aside for the commission, purchase and installation of artworks in a variety of settings. By providing opportunities for individuals to encounter art in parks, libraries, community centers, on roadways, bridges and other public venues, we simultaneously enrich citizens' daily lives and give voice to artists. (Seattle.gov)

OR

That there are more Subways in Seattle than McDonald's.  Who knew.  Way to go Seattle :)










Cap-i-tan, Nic-o-time

No comments:

Post a Comment