Monday, July 30, 2012

ugh............

I woke up today and didn't want to be a mom.

I know, sounds harsh. 

It wasn't that I didn't want to be Max's mama, I didn't want to be any ones mama.  At 5:00am when I heard the monster start to stir in his bed, I rolled over and thought, "not today".  Today I want to go back to bed, back to my dreams.  I don't wanna get up, make breakfast, change a dirty diaper or plan a play date.

Today I want to pull the covers up over my head and fall back into blissdom.

Ever have one of those days?
Maybe?

Well thank god for girls day.  It is exactly what I needed. A little recharge.  I went over to my friends house with my sister for yummy quiche and good conversation.  I even painted my nails.

After a few hours away, I came home to a sleeping monster.  I couldn't wait for him to wake up so I could give him a little squeeze.  And when he did awake, that's exactly what happened.  One big squeeze for mama.

I sure love that lil monster! and I sure love being his mama!


even had a little time for a spot treatment.  Cute, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment