Sunday, September 30, 2012

end of the rope?




This will probably sound horrible, but I will share any ways. That's what the bloggin is about, right? The other day I woke up, and thought to myself I can't wait for Max's bedtime. Mama needs a break.

I know, sounds awful right.  I may be that horrible person that I fear.  But I couldn't shake it.  I just felt this dire need to have some "peace" time.

So what does one do when one feels like this?  Well I can't put the baby back where he came from, so that's off the list.  And the hubby was working so there was no tapping out.  "You"re it!"

What I did do.  Powered through.  Put my big girl undies on and rocked the day the best I could.  Drank an extra cup of coffee, stretched, vented to some friends, and CHARGED.

I know myself well enough to know that this feeling will pass.  But while it's here, it can feel pretty isolating.  It can also make you feel like a bad mama.   It has nothing to do with Max, or my life really.  I love being a mother.  But sometimes you just need a break.  Sometimes you just need quiet, and most of the time that is not an option.

What do you do when you feel at the end of your rope?

6 comments:

  1. I do exactly what you did, charge through, then blog about it. Inevitably the next day is so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting. I can't help but feel guilty about complaining, or whining. And you are right, the next day usually is much better!

      Delete
    2. I doubt there is a mom out there that hasn't felt like this! I think charging through and getting to vent to friends or blog is what makes you a good mama. :)

      Delete
    3. and coffee......don't forget the coffee :)
      xoxoxox

      Delete
  2. Totally feel you on this one! I think we all feel like that at some point. Some days you don't want them to go to bed because you are having so much fun and other days you are like alright, it is bedtime yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Or some times you can't wait for them to wake up, and then sometimes you are like, just a few more hours!

      Delete