Monday, November 19, 2012

good to be home...

Ahhh....

After two days and 15 hours in the car, we are finally back in Seattle.  It is so nice that we spend two nights in Bend to break it up.  I even got to sneak in a movie with my girlfriend, san monsters which was nice.  And yes, I went to go see Twilight.  SO What :)  It's the end of the saga.

We arrived to our Seattle home in the rain no less, but it was still perfect and picturesque.  The Sounders (our soccer team) were playing today so our streets were humming with fans anticipating a win.  This didn't happen sadly, but the fans here to do not seem to be fair weathered.

I do love the smell of rain.  I just don't love it for six months.  Our home is just how we left it.  Cozy and familiar.  Max was so excited to be reunited with his toys.  His car and train set.  I could barely pull him away for them. And I was happy to see my fall clothes and boots.  Oh how I missed my boots.

My sister swung by as well as my neighbors.  It was great to see them and catch up.  How long 7 weeks seems to be.  That's the one thing that trumps California.  Friends and family.  Knowing that down the street or hall is someone you can confide in, laugh with and just be.

I look forward to reacquainting myself to this great city.  Walking to the market, grabbing a hot cup of coffee and a piroshki.  Seeing all the twinkling lights paving the way for the holiday season.

There is no place like home!


No comments:

Post a Comment