Tuesday, December 11, 2012

What is it about the holidays?

This week has been a sad week in our household.  Our dear friend in New Mexico called to inform us that his brother had died.  He had taken his own life a few days earlier.  And last year around this time as well, my hubby's step-brother also took his life.

It is a crazy thing, the holidays. How they are intended to bring people close to celebrate, yet some are so consumed by loneliness.  I can not imagine what must be going on in ones mind to feel that ending your life is a better option than living it. What a dark place that must be.  I do not at all pretend to know what that place is like, and my heart aches for anyone who resides there.

The hubby and I have been doing a lot of talking lately on how we can be better siblings, friends and partners.  How to make sure those we love know it and feel it.  How our expectations of others matter not, but what is paramount is our love for them.

I know I say this often, but life is so short.  Especially when you are taken too early.


I hope now you can Rest In Peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment