Monday, January 14, 2013

Cleanse-Day 1

In my previous post I mentioned that the monster woke at 5:30 in the morning.  Not pleased!  I immediately played out my day and I for saw a tired, grumpy mama running on little sleep, no food and no coffee.

To my surprise, I wasn't very tired.  I had a dull headache for most of the day, but not bad enough to take anything.

I was however, hungry.  Not starving, but hungry.  Hungry for the routine of eating.  The smell of food.  The ritual of it all.

I got over it.  But I think tomorrow will be harder.  I can feel it.

So my day consisted of...

Waking up and making Max some breakfast.  So badly I wanted to pop some of his waffle in my mouth, but I held back.  I made some green tea instead.

About an hour later I cracked up open my first juice.  OH DEAR GOD!  It was like straight veggies.  Where was the sweetness? It was called sweet green for god sakes.

I choked it down.  I know it is because I am not used to ingesting that amount of veggie in a sitting, or lets be honest, ever.  But man it was intense.  But I gotta say, I did feel better right after it.  Like my body was going, ahhhhhhhhh.

So after the juice, I ate some almonds and carrots and kept myself busy.  I napped which helped time pass and I drank another one.  This one was better.  Cucumber, pineapple, and ginger. Way easier to get down.

So then the Essential Veggie.  Oh damn.

So its about 5:00 now and I really needed some eating action.  Like really, the action of eating.  I made a baby salad with some chicken.  It helped.  And oddly enough it tasted amazing. Maybe it was my taste buds appreciating the non juiced meal?  I don't know, but it was a damn good salad.  I have a feeling real food is going to taste fantastic come Thursday.  I have already started concocting a menu.

So out of 6 bottles of juice I drank 4.  Not quite the quota, but drinking that much of anything in one day is hard for me.  Tomorrow I will do better.

~mama

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Gina! So proud of you for even attempting a juice cleanse! Can't wait to start mine tomorrow....I think. :)

    ReplyDelete