Sunday, September 8, 2013

I'm not the only one right?

Your toddler does this right? Plops his or her body down when they don't get what the want.  

And you get the stares too right.  The stares from non-parents with the look of disdain (does she know how dirty that floor is?) or from the passer by that glares cause your child is blocking the entrance? 

That's been us lately. As as much as I want to just leave his butt there when he does this, I know I can't. (the fear of being deemed worlds worst parent is a strong motivator)

So I wait. I wait for him to realize he has lost his mind.  This usually takes longer than I want however.  So I wait until he becomes too annoying to other patrons.  I give my sweet smile and pick Max off the ground and we continue on our walk. Me trying not to hold a grudge and Max shuffling along like nothing happened.  

The world is indeed his oyster. 

This phase is short lived right? Right?


4 comments:

  1. We are just getting into the thick of it at 1 1/2 and boy is it tough! The stares are the worst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I foresee it only getting worse for us mamas lol

      Delete
  2. I love that you took a picture, mid-fit! Other parents seeing that would think it's hysterical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture!
    Suzanne
    http://adventuresofsweetmonday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete