Friday, November 1, 2013

needed this....

Well this came at a great time.  Just yesterday when I was having a play date with Max and a friend of mine, I was grumbling about that fact that I wasn't a good mother because.....

 Max isn't interested in art, probably because I don't sit with him and encourage him.
Or,
 that Max doesn't seem to have a strong vocabulary, probably because I don't teach him enough.
Or,
Max isn't potty trained, cause I am afraid of the work,
Or,
Max is hitting me, probably because I am too reactive and he is just like me.

I've been feeling inadequate lately.  I suppose because Max has been a little hard to handle at times.  It makes one question their skills.  Am I cut out for this?  And I think it is good to question your skills, and re-evaluate time to time.  I think that makes us better.  But if we aren't careful, it can tear you down as well.

But watching this, it totally helped with my insecurities.  Not that I won't always question if I am doing a good job, but that it reminded me that what I do for Max, it is out of love.  Such an extreme love! I hope he feels that and knows that in his core, and that he can carry that forever.

A New Perspective For Moms


http://www.faithit.com/moms-kids-video-confession-touching/#.UnPs75xArMo.facebook

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I think we all have insecurities as parents (I have many) so getting some validation once in a while is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't this video great! We beat our selves up way too much!

      Delete