Friday, October 17, 2014

Oh the things kids say....



Max has been full of it lately.  Full of one liners and piss and vinegar.  Oh three's how you love to torture thee.  But I will survive.  At least one of us will.

The other day Max was way to quiet in his room.  When I entered I got a whiff of something sugary sweet.  As I investigated, I relaxed he had got into my stash of jelly beans (approx 20) and a lollipop.  When I asked him what he did, he blushed as said-I ATE THEM ALL MAMA!  I responded with, while shaking my finger, "you know that is not OK".  The response, "Damn it". "You want a spankin"?

Now before we get all crazy about spankings.  This is a term I used most lovingly to all my friends and family.  You know, if my hubby doesn't take the trash out, I immediately follow up with, -Do you want a spankin.  It's sort of my thing.  That and-Who wants a knuckle sandwich.  Weird I know, don't judge.  SO needless to say, I sort of couldn't get mad about the candy eating incident.  I was too busy hiding my laughter.

However this did back fire a little on me today at school....shocking right.  I went to pick Max up from school, and of course he was not ready to leave.  When I told him again that it was time to go, he smirked at me and asked....."Do you want a spankin"?  As I could see the horror in the other adults, I just super awkwardly lowered my head, grabbed his hand, and walked him out of the classroom.  Mama of the year!!!!

Max also told me the other day that he was pissed out.  This I decoded as pissed off, as daddy so loving told him the night before.  We are a family with choice words I realize.  We are working on it people. :)

So, in hindsight, we are eating our words now that we have a parrot in the house.  My husband jokes that at least he is using them correctly.  As if there is a silver lining.

No comments:

Post a Comment